WHAT WE BELIEVE
Our beliefs are the core of who we are as a church and have been shaped by our rich history.
1. That the most important decision one ever makes over the course of their lifetime is one’s personal faith and daily living experience with Jesus Christ;
2. That the most important privilege of being a Christ-follower is to worship God in spirit and in truth;
3. That the Bible is civilization’s only infallible moral compass; God‘s inspired and authoritative foundation for Christian doctrine; benefiting humankind with correct beliefs, healthy behaviors and best practices for pursuing right relationships and unique powerful purpose;
4. That God does more than merely forgive human sins; He empowers redeemed people to live holy, healthy and redemptive lives and attitudes for the generous benefit of all mankind;
5. That God’s redemptive rescue operation on planet earth is directly impacted by missional and proactive involvement of God’s people through healthy local churches.
Want to learn more?
Check out the Free Methodist Denomination Articles of Religion for more information.
1. Passionate Worship
Heartfelt participation in anointed corporate worship; including prayer, sacraments, testimonies, preaching and teaching God’s Word and ministry of music. (Matt. 22:34-37; Deu. 6:4-7; Heb. 10:23-25)
2. Healthy Community
Faithful pursuit of healthy relationships in environments of grace that result in people who do life together through spiritual disciplines, mutual encouragement, service, and a commitment to speak the truth to one another in love; impacting our world for positive good. (1 John 4:7-11; Matt. 5:13-16; 1 Pet. 1:13-16; Acts 2:42-46; Eph. 4:15)
3. Intentional Outreach
Participation of God’s people in personal and corporate acts of reaching out in love, including prayer, compassion and generous resources toward assisting and empowering people outside the walls of of our local church, both locally and globally. (Mark 1:15; 10:45; Luke 4:17-21; John 3:16-17; Acts 4:11-12)
4. Contagious Spirituality
Reaching and teaching men and women and boys and girls to believe as Jesus believed, live as Jesus lived, love as Jesus loved, serve as Jesus served and lead as Jesus led, especially through small groups/disciple-making avenues. (Matt. 28:18-20; Luke 6:40; 1 Tim. 2:1-2)
5. Biblical Authority
Preaching and teaching God’s Word under the anointing of the Holy Spirit, leading to vigorous application of Scriptures in daily living.
(John 17:17; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; Heb. 4:12)
6. Wholehearted Service
Generous giving of our time, talents and treasures in a way that honors God and inspires other people. Through wholehearted service, we help God’s people discover and use their unique passions, personalities and skill sets toward the betterment of others, especially to the poor and disenfranchised. (Matt. 25:14-29; Col. 3:23-24; 1 John 3:18)